Just Add Aronia Berries! Top Health Benefits, Nutritional Info, Recipes and Interesting Facts about the Choke Berry (aka Aronia Berry)
The Just Add Good Stuff INFOGRAPHIC SERIES introduces our Aronia Berry Infographic. We LOVE aronia berries! We hope you like it!
PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Just Add Aronia Berries! Commonly found wild in swamp and woodland areas, the aronia berry or ‘chokeberries’ pack a powerful range of antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. The aronia berries are gaining ground on the more popular açaí berry from the Amazon and the elderberry from Europe and is poised to hit the world class super berry spotlight soon. Here is the Just Add Good Stuff Aronia Berry Infographic:
TOP 10 Health Benefits of Aronia Berries as described in the Just Add Good Stuff Aronia Infographic:
- aronia berry is high in anthocyanins (antimutagenic & anti-cancer agents)
- rich in antioxidants that protect cells & are anti-inflamatory
- chokeberries slow the aging process to keep us healthy & young
- aronia reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and stress
- anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-diabetic compounds
- choke berry fights bladder, breast, colon, lung, ovaries and skin cancers
- aronia berries help maintain robust intestinal and digestive health
- chokeberry helps fight Crohn’s disease, PMS, herpes and inhibits HIV
- contains caffeic acid, delphinidin, epicatechin and malvidin
- prelim studies show aronia slowing growth of glioblastoma
Aronia/Chokeberry Nutrition Facts as described on our Choke Berry Infographic
- Serving Size = 1 cup
- Calories = 83
- Calories from Fat = 4 g
- Total Fat = 0.48 g
- Cholesterol = 0 mg
- Sodium = 1 mg
- Potassium = 112 mg
- Total Carbohydrate = 21.01 g
- Dietary Fiber = 3.5 g
- Sugars = 14.44 g
- Protein = 1.07 g
- Vitamin A = 2% RDI
- Vitamin C = 24% RDI
- Calcium = 1% RDI
- Iron = 2% RDI
Healthy Aronia Berry Recipes on our Chokeberries Infographic
- Aronia Berry/Acai Berry dessert balls
- Mixed Berry Flax & Hemp bread
- Aronia Berry Quinoa muffins
* All of our recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! Click here for more recipes!
Things You May Not Know About Aronia Berries/Chokeberries as described on our Just Add Good Stuff Infographic
- Naturally PEST-RESISTANT & doesn’t require agricultural toxins!
- Greater ANTIOXIDANT LEVELS than cranberry, goji blueberry, cherry, pomegranate & mangosteen
- Native of eastern North America in swampy woodland areas
- Comes in 3 COLORS: red, purple and black-purple
- It’s now cultivated in North America, Europe and even Russia
- Also used as attractive ORNAMENTAL PLANTS
- Aronia can be used to make wine, jam, syrup, juice, and tea
- Aronia juice is astringent, not sweet
- Initial research has linked aronia to reducing risk of cancers, cardiovascular disease, chronic & eye inflammation, liver failure
The Just Add Good Stuff Aronia Berries infographic (we also call it our Chokeberry infograph) talks about general facts and nutritional details. For more info about the health benefits and nutritional information, please contact us and we will find out more from licensed dieticians and medical science professionals. It is our goal to provide the best information possible and to help inspire you to become more healthy through diet, nutrition and fitness. The Aronia infographic will be updated whenever necessary, as studies and clinical research provides us with more insight into the health benefits of Aronia/Choke Berry which would affect our Top 10 Aronia Berry health benefits. In addition, we constantly experiment with uses of Chokeberries in various dishes, so our recipes will also reflect that. Lastly, if we find any more interesting facts and figures about aronia in general, we will also update the ‘Did You Know?’ section of our Just Add Good Stuff Aronia Infographic.
The information on this infographic is for informational purposes only.
It is not intended to nor should it be a substitute for advice, consultation or visits to your health care provider.
‘Nutrition Facts’ provided by FatSecret.com and verified by Just Add Good Stuff.