WHEATGRASS Infographic > Just Add Wheatgrass… Here’s a look at wheat grass nutrition
Next in line for the Just Add Good Stuff INFOGRAPHIC SERIES is our Wheatgrass Infographic. The infographics (or infograms) that we are compiling provide you with interesting facts and things about the best vegetables, fruits, whole foods and general health. From weird and wacky facts to nutrition information per serving, these infographics is a starting point to help you kick start a more happy and healthy lifestyle. We hope you enjoy them!
PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Just Add Wheatgrass! Wheatgrass (or wheat grass) is one of the best superfoods available! Wheatgrass is a powerful health food supplement that is packed with highly concentrated chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals, trace elements and enzymes. Because wheatgrass is a complete food that contains 98 of the 102 earth elements, it is often called a ‘superfood’. Here is our Wheatgrass Infographic that outlines the Top 10 health benefits of wheatgrass, wheatgrass nutrition information, wheatgrass recipes and some interesting facts about wheatgrass in general. Here is the Just Add Good Stuff Wheatgrass Infographic:
TOP 10 Health Benefits of Wheatgrass as described in the Just Add Good Stuff Wheatgrass Infographic:
- one of the best natural sources of living chlorophyll
- activates white blood cells to boost your immune system
- reduces high blood pressure and alleviates stress
- contains beta-carotene which detoxifies the body
- wheatgrass is high in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E and K
- helps prevent tooth decay and improves digestion
- no known side effects and very few allergies
- restores alkalinity to the blood and circulatory system
- heals cuts and bruises when applied topically
- contains powerful anti-aging properties
Wheatgrass Nutrition Facts as described on our Wheat Grass Infographic
- Serving Size = 1 tbsp (8 g)
- Calories = 35
- Calories from Fat = 0
- Total Fat = 0 g
- Cholesterol = 0 mg
- Sodium = 2 mg
- Potassium = 230 mg
- Total Carbohydrate = 4 g
- Dietary Fiber =2 g
- Sugars = 0 g
- Protein = 2 g
- Vitamin A = 80% RDI
- Vitamin C = 30% RDI
- Calcium = 4% RDI
- Iron = 10% RDI
Healthy Wheatgrass Recipes on our Wheatgrass Infographic
- Green Monster smoothie
- Single Wheatgrass shot
- Avocado/Dill Wheatgrass spread/dip
* All of our recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! Click here for more recipes!
Things You May Not Know About Wheatgrass as described on our Wheatgrass Infographic
- One ounce (shot) contains 103 vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- One ounce contains roughly the same nutritional value as 2.5 pounds of fresh green vegetables
- You can buy wheatgrass growing kits and harvest your own!
- Keeps hair from graying and returns its lustre
- Wheatgrass detoxifies the liver, circulatory & digestive systems
- Used as an excellent skin cleanser and moisterizer
- Used to treat cuts, rashes, burns, scrapes bites, poisin ivy, tumours
- Also used to treat sore throats and mouth sores
- Wheatgrass sweetens your breath and treats bad morning breath
The Just Add Good Stuff wheatgrass infographic (we also call it a wheat grass infograph) talks about general wheatgrass facts and nutrient information. For more details about the health benefits and nutritional information, please contact us and we will find out more from licensed dieticians and medical science professionals. It is our goal to provide the best information possible and to help inspire you to become more healthy through diet, nutrition and fitness. The wheatgrass infographic will be updated whenever necessary, as studies and clinical research provides us with more insight into the health benefits of wheat grass which would affect our Top 10 wheatgrass health benefits on the Wheatgrass Infographic. In addition, we constantly experiment with uses of wheat grass in various dishes, so our wheatgrass recipes will also reflect that. Lastly, if we find any more interesting facts and figures about wheatgrass in general, we will also update the ‘Did You Know?’ section of our Just Add Good Stuff Wheatgrass Infographic.
The information on this infographic is for informational purposes only.
It is not intended to nor should it be a substitute for advice, consultation or visits to your health care provider.
‘Nutrition Facts’ provided by FatSecret.com and verified by Just Add Good Stuff.